Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New CNC Router table

I need to re-build my CNC router from scratch - taking into account all I learned during the first build. I decided to start with a stable, portable stand that would house the computer and electronics in a clean, safe space. I went with a simple MDF carcass with drawers. The computer drawer would contain all the electronics and would be positive-pressurized via two filtered case fans.

I can provide the sketchup drawings for the stand and the cutting guide if you're interested. Just drop me an email at woodworkerb [at] gmail [dot] com. The core case is built and the electronics installed. Not all the drawers are made yet, but that's coming - I am tired of leaving tools & such laying on the router table - just begging for trouble.

3 comments: